Friday, August 15, 2008

If you blink, you'll miss it.....

Every time I drive by this sign, I think to myself, "You've got to be kidding me." So this is where we live. Bieber is 2 miles up the road and that's TWICE the size, at a population of 500. The high school and middle schools are in Bieber, and the elemantary is about 10 miles away. There's a family in our ward about Troy and I's age with their fourth on the way. They have a boy Cameron's age and a girl Audrey's age and a 2yr old boy. We were so excited to meet them, they are very nice and we all get along great. So we all have one friend! That's what I figured I'd need to survive here. It has been an adjustment, especially shopping. I actually miss Walmart. There are nights I'd give away a child (or 4) for a Papa Murphy's pizza place. There is McDonalds 40 minutes away....
One of the cats had this special treat for us on our doorstep. Troy hates bats. Screams like a little girl. Seriously. :)

Our latest loyal steed, Neb. Thanks grandpa! He loves the kids and has been great with our other furry beast, Sasquach.


And Cameron is still in love with mud. He asked if Ethan could come over and play with him. He was really upset with me when I told him probably not. He wanted me to call Natalie and give her directions so she could just 'drop him off'. We'll have to work out a visit soon!


This is at Burney Falls, a beautiful camping area with some really neat waterfalls and trails. We've had fun exploring our new area and seeing so many beautiful sights! I think we'll survive here, once school starts I might be a little more sure. It's hard having them all home with NOWHERE to go!!! I thought I'd do a little experiment today, I wanted to see how many times my kids said "mom" throughout the day. It's been driving me crazy. Why does it take 10 'moms' for each child to say one thing? Anyway, by lunchtime I was at 87, give or take a few, and it took too much brainpower to keep counting. I think my brain is running on fumes anyways. So that's how far I got, and then I realized that Alex isn't even saying 'Mom' yet! What's one more...

7 comments:

Emily said...

87 by lunchtime!!-ya, im sure it'll be a little different once school starts. Thats so sad that cam was so set on ethan coming to play!

carrie said...

Brooke- I bet Neb is SO happy up there with attention and room to run! Oh, that is SO sad that Cam didn't get why Ethan couldn't come over!

carrie said...

By the way, I tried to call you today on your new cell number and it said it was no longer in service. How do I reach you???

Brooke said...

My new cell # is 530-249-6962 and our home phone is 530-294-5177. We'll be leaving tomorrow morning for Tahoe, so call me on my cell, or I'll give you a call. Audrey asked if Aunt Carrie and Caitlin will be there... so sad!

Jenny said...

Oh. My. Gosh. How are you surviving?! What an adventure! I left messages on both your cell #'s but I guess I'll try the home phone number when you get back. My boys started school yesterday and, yes, it helps a lot with the whole "Mom...mom...mom" thing :) Hope you have a great time in Tahoe!

Stephanie said...

Hi Brooke, I've been dieing to talk to you! I know you must have new #'s and email. I guess you are out of town? I've been so busy the last month that I haven't been able to breath! I'm home now and I'm not going anywhere for a while! I will try to call you in a few days with the numbers you listed? I can't WAIT to talk to you and see how your doing!

Tani Ireland said...

That's how Eagle Mountain was when we bought our lot! Good luck!