Monday, September 29, 2008

Bathtime and Birthdays

When Audrey takes a bath, she means business. She took a 2 1/2 hr bath the other day. It was war to get her to take one, but then of course it was war to get her to get out. She was having fun playing with ponies and barbies. It was really great for both of us. Sometimes we need a break from each other. She loves to look at her wrinkley hands and feet when she gets out.

Devon's 9th birthday was on Sunday, so on Friday I made his favorite- cinnamon rolls, and brought them to his class to share. He was very embarrassed when he was being sung to. See picture above.


Last night we had some friends over as well as the missionsaries for a birhday dinner. I really wanted to make a cake, how do you not make a cake on a birthday? Devon walked into the kitchen with his shirt over his mouth and nose and declared "AHHHRRH what it that smell?" It's just cake, Devon. Cake.

7 comments:

Emily said...

brooke- thats so funny that he gets frustrated that you're making a cake for him! he's so cute! i hope he got my letter. I know i'm the lame aunt that does'nt put any gift inside..ha, but i wil call soon so i can talk to you and him!

carrie said...

That's hilarious! I love that kid! Hey, did he get the card we sent?

Brooke said...

He did get both of your cards. He's really into cold hard cash, so the $ was a hit. I told Dev before he opened Ems card that college students don't have any money. So he was prepared. He was pumped just to get mail. I know the feeling. Anyways, he got all embarassed about the girlfriend part. I think he might have a little crush....

DAD & MOM said...

Happy Birthday to Devon!
The cinnamon rolls looked really good. Does Devon eat those? Looks like he had a nice birthday despite it being on Sunday.

Danae said...

Happy Birthday Devon! Can't believe he's nine years old. Hope you guys are settled in your new place.

Nathan said...

Brooke, that picture of Devon in school is hilarious! It reminds me of all the recent pictures I have of Devon:)

Becky said...

Happy Birthday to Devon!!! It was so fun to listen to Marcus talking to Devon on the phone the other day. Marcus was excited to get a message on our voicemail (we were in Spokane for a wedding). I think this was Marcus' first real phone conversation (besides Grandmas and Grandpas). Hopefully Devon didn't mind all of his Sponge-bob talk. Anyway, I need to give you a call to catch up. I really miss you. Bev and I were saying the other day that anytime we see Sunnyside friends, there is this huge hole - - there is always a feeling someone is missing- and it's you! I will always cherish our friendship.