Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We have exciting news....

NO, we are not pregnant, but we've found a house! Troy and I feel good about buying a house here in Big Valley, we think we'll be here for a while. This is owned by a couple who did a lot of work (see kitchen below, it's AWESOME) on it themselves. It's only a 2 bd., so as part of the deal they are going to convert part of the 4-car garage into 2 more bedrooms. It's on 10 acres with a lined pond that we can fill and swim in. Our lease isn't up here until July, so we have awhile to wait. Although after our most recent power bill came today (over $500)and we talked to the people who's house we're going to buy and they said we can move in as soon as the rooms are done (probably April-ish). So we'll still be paying rent here at this house til July, but no power bills to PG&E. The new house is in Adin (I won't have to say I live in Nubieber!), and is with a different power company that is TONS cheaper. So hopefully it will all work out. We are excited to have a place to call our own again! On a side note...we got back from Utah yesterday and had a nice visit with Troy's family. Dev and Cam played non-stop with their cousins Carter and Trevor (Kerri's boys) and Audrey had fun with Bailey (Darby's daughter). Jill came with her daughter Tayah (who is the mellowest kid around!) and Tyler came too. Nathan and Bev couldn't make it, but they may come and visit us in March. Cheryl came down too, (Glenn stayed home with Corey) It's hard to believe Kyle (Tani's oldest) is leaving on a mission, I went to his baptism when Troy and I were engaged. Am I getting older? I hope you all had fun in Vegas, wish I could have been there!













11 comments:

Kate said...

brooke we must have posted at the same time...crazy! the new house looks really cute. that is really exciting!!!!

Danae said...

The house looks very, very nice! I am so jealous about the kitchen- it's gorgeous!

Tiffanie and Jeff Bodine said...

Oh Brooke I'm so happy for you! It's so hard to rent & know all your money is going to someone elses Mortgage! And the kitchen as well as your yard really looks beautiful! Congratulations! I'm sorry to hear about your power bill. Our last one was really high too, but not that bad! Hopefully with this new house it will be better!

Jenny said...

I want your kitchen. It's awesome! How exciting. Where is Adin in relationship to Nubieber? Will you change wards and schools and all? Can't wait to come visit :)

carrie said...

Congrats!! That is so awesome! The kitchen looks amazing!

carrie said...

Congrats!! That is so awesome! The kitchen looks amazing!

brooke said...

Adin is about 15 miles from Nubieber. It's where the elementary school is so the kids will be closer to their school. Actually Devon will be in the Intermediate school (grades 4-8)which is right next to the high school in Bieber. So no, we won't have to change wards or schools!

Emily said...

Brooke that house looks so pretty! That's so exciting that you guys are going to be so close for a long time! I'm glad your trip was good and i'm SO excited to see you next weekend!!

Stephanie said...

The house looks soo nice Brooke! I love the wood floors and the kitchen is beautiful and spacious! You even have hardware on your cabinets! Our cabinets finish is getting so scratched from our nails. I love your big backyard too. Yeah for getting a different power company. PG&E is terrible. Our highest bill last summer was $425. I still remember my highest bill in Sunnyside was $60. It's such a joke... Yeah, I'm so happy for you!

Becky said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting!! It is an amazing feeling to own a house. This is such a cute house too! We will definitely have to come visit sometime . . .

DAD & MOM said...

I'll be anxious to see the house. It does look very nice. Not so out in the forrest, like you are now!
Adin in such a cute town, I could live there. Sounds like you had a good trip to Utah and saw a lot of Troy's family. Looking forward to next weekend.
Love, Ma