I almost feel bad posting this, I know all of my sister's would want to have been there! Wow, what a weekend. I had so much fun. I got up early Friday morning and drove to the Royal Gorge cross country resort to meet mom there. I had never been cross country skiing before. It's hard work! Mom and I figured out that it's really hard to stand and talk without falling down. If we'were moving, we were okay. We took a few falls just standing there. It was hysterical and ridiculous at the same time! The weather turned out to be perfect, despite what the weathermen were saying. There had been a storm earlier in the week, so we had lots of fresh snow. It was so beautiful and serene. It wasn't crowded at all. We figured we went about 20 miles, and the last hour or so, we were definently feeling it. I am still sore today. Friday night we ate the Rainbow Lodge restuarant, and had a yummy steak dinner. The lodge, it such a neat place, it's so old and quirky, but beautiful and rustic at the same time. We didn't stay up too late, we were so tired! In the morning we had an awesome complimentary breakfast. The french toast was good. After brkfst. we played 10,000 in front of the fireplace until mom had to leave to make it to her swedish massage from OC Jones. It was a rough weekend :) Jenny got there a little after mom left and we hit the slopes at Donner. It was so fun, Jenny hadn't been skiing since high school, and I went once last year, which before that it had been since high school. It was a little scary at first, but after the first run, it just all comes back. We had a great day. We went to dinner, then got our PJ's on and ate treats in bed while watching the classic Dumb and Dumber. So many great one liners in that movie. :) Anyways, Sunday morning we had breakfast then went for a walk before we had to check out. It was sad to leave and know we had to survive "re-entry". Troy did great all by himself and the house was clean when I got home. What more could I ask for? It was a perfect weekend!

Royal Gorge as these cute little 'warming huts' on the slopes. You can go warm up, and the have a hot plate and kettle to make water. We melted some snow and filled up our water bottles. It wasn't very cold that day, so it was pretty warm inside. 




5 comments:
So awesome! Nice recap. Do we really have to wait a year to do it again? It was SO much fun :)
That looks so fun! I've never been cross country skiing, it looks fun!
It sound like you had a perfect weekend!! Cross country skiing is super hard, 20 miles is a lot! Dumb & Dumber! classic!
that looks so fun! glad you got to go.
I bet there will still be snow the first of April! Let's go again! It was a great weekend - I love the pics of you and Jenny, just like ole times!
Post a Comment