Saturday, March 1, 2008

the redeeming qualities of snow...and other activities

Although I basically hate the cold and therefore, the snow,
it does have it's benefits...

A few weeks ago, I went snow shoeing on a group date.
(date not pictured in this photo).

I finally made it snowboarding. Our ward went night skiing up
at Brighton. The snow was a little icy, but it was lots of fun.

No, I'm not getting married, but we made tp dresses at a bridal
shower and I was quite impressed with my friends abilities.
Check out the puffed-sleeves.

I had a little reunion with some old roommies down in Provo.
Our waiter was really concerned about making sure that nothing
on the table was showing in this picture.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Can't we just trade lives for a weekend? I haven't been skiing for over 10 years-that is depressing! It looks like you're having fun. I really love the tp dress, your friends have talent! I told the kids about our girls trip and they were very mad at me for going to grandmas house without them. I think they feel a bit betrayed. Devon says "We NEVER get to go to grandmas house, it's not fair!" so i promised him we'd go this summer. although that does feel so far away!

carrie said...

Kate, I am soo jealous of your access to snow! Very cool tp dress, that's a really fun idea! And whew- I'm glad I didn't see the food on the table. Why was the waiter so concerned? Were you guys eating like embarassingly huge amounts of food or something? Maybe a pig with an apple in it's mouth?

DAD & MOM said...

I'm so happy you made it snowboarding. You know what the whole skiing thing means to me. sniff!
How did you like snowshoeing? The dress is very good, especially the sleeves - very talented.