Monday, September 15, 2008

what's goin on..

Here's some pictures of us lately, starting with the most recent. This weekend we had a fun ward activity at some natural warm springs owned by the LDS Church. It was a lot of fun, and the water is incredible- no chlorine! Just natural springs circulating throughout the huge pool. Our ward had a bbq and the girls really enjoyed swimming around:

Caitlin was really hard to get a picture of- she was always on the move!
Lizzie max-relaxin' in her tube.

Bug goggles! Caitlin made this in preschool. She LOVED them, she thought they were so cool! Preschool is working out well, I'm really glad about that!


This is part of our Labor Day. Rod had the day off, so we filled the day with wild and crazy adventures like painting terra cotta pots (even Rod had one to paint!). The girls loved it. Then they set up a reading picnic after swimming in the little pool- they were just so happy to read books while frying in the sun.



And, I have to post a picture of my expensive maternity dress! Of course, I don't carry it off quite like the model, but it came and I tried it on and I love it! (By the way, you can wrap this dress to suit you, so when I wrap mine it's not low-cut!)


Last but not least, my friend had her baby at home last night! And I was there! It was exciting and short- I got there at 2:30 am and she had her baby at 3:45! I'm glad I got to see sort of how the whole home birth thing works, and exactly how it's different from a hospital birth. It was a neat experience!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Carrie, the girls being all crafty totally remind me of you. You were (and still are) always creating! I love that dress, I almost want to be pregnant so I can borrow it. Okay, maybe not even close to almost, but it's really cute! I've never seen anyone give birth before, not sure I want to! How did it go? Is it how you imagine and hope it will be?

Kate said...

looks like such fun! and i love the dress. you'll have to post a picture of YOU in the dress. so i need to come visit soon!!! perhaps the weekend after this one?? depending on my new job. i'll call ya soon.

Emily said...

those pictures look like you guys are having fun! that dress is really cute...just wondering..how much was the 'expensive' dress? :) well i miss ya and hopefully i'll be able to come down with kate!

DAD & MOM said...

I want to go in the hot springs! Are they open all year? The girls are so cute, I miss them. Very cute dress, of course not so low cut.

carrie said...

Not too expensive...but not too cheap, either. The birth was actually really cool. It was a water birth; my friend never went crazy or anything, and her husband was in the tub with her (fully dressed) to support her and her midwife was talking her through contractions and out came baby! The labor tub makes the whole operation so simple, clean, and actually kinda modest (everything's happening underwater). It was pretty cool, I thought.