Monday, March 17, 2008

Caitlin's party & Grandpa's visit

On Friday we celebrated Caitlin's birthday! She had a "camping birthday"- complete with a tent filled with balloons set up in the back yard. We went on a bear hunt, they made "rock monsters" (glued eyes and yarn for hair on rocks), and had a delicious campfire cake. I even made invitations out of brown grocery bags. Yes, I know that's ridiculous. But it worked great for a camping party! I forgot to take a picture of the cake, but I got the idea from: http://www.brightideas.com/birthdays/themes/campout/cakestreats/c_1658_1.jsp It turned out great, except I nixed the cellophane and replaced them with candles, instead.

We also enjoyed a visit from Grandpa this weekend! Caitlin and Lizzie loved having him here, they really love their Grandpa. When I told them to say good-bye to Grandpa before I took Dad to the airport, Lizzie said "No, Grandpa stay here." Isn't that adorable??

We'll celebrate with a little family party tomorrow night, I'll post something then, too.

For lunch, the girls made "campfires", with peanut butter on the plate, they stuck on pretzel sticks for the logs, raisins for rocks around it, and cherry tomatoes and cheese chunks were the fire.

This is Caitlin's vogue shot and Lizzie's doing Marilyn Monroe (Caitlin was trying to show the camera her flower tights from Grandma)







5 comments:

Brooke said...

I love Caitlins birthday theme! That cake is really cool. I'm impressed! That's cool that Dad was there, did he just come for a social visit? Caitlin twirling in her dress reminds me of Audrey. She bases how beautiful she (or I) looks by how twirly the dress is. I'm afraid she's turning into a vain little creature. Sometimes she wants me to say she looks beautiful and instead I tell her how smart she is and she gets really made at me...

Kate said...

brooke that's really funny.
carrie cute bday idea. the girls are so cute! did my package for caitlin arrive yet?

carrie said...

Kate- yes your package arrived, but I'm making her wait until after dinner to open it. Brooke, Dad was here because I'm his favorite daughter. j/k He had a convention for work on Thursday and Friday, and hung out with us Saturday and Sunday. Jim Shoemaker was here with him, too.

DAD & MOM said...

It looks like a fun party. The campfire snacks sound, a yummy? I wish I was there. It was so sad when Caitlin said she was playing today for her birthday, and asked me if I could come play too? We really need to just live on a big farm with 3 houses on it! See everyone tomorrow! Yippee!

Kate said...

um...yes lets all live on a farm with 3 houses