Well, I know everyone is wanting to know whats going on with the job hunt-and really there's been nothing much going on. It's been harder to land an inteview than we expected, most likely because he has no previous experience. Anyways, he did get a phone interview with a VERY RURAL school district in northeast California! He felt very good after talking to the superindendant, and they were very encouraging in that they would want to set up an interview in CA. Here's a link to the district if you want to check it out- http://www.bigvalleyschool.org/
It's about 1 1/2 hrs from any sort of major shopping (gulp) and I'm sure there's a small branch (hopefully) somewhere! They are doing interviews at the school on Mon. May 5th, and if they want Troy to go, I think I'm going to go also so we can check it out together. Troy's mom said she could take the kids for a couple days, we'll keep Alex with us though. So it's all very exciting and scary at the same time. We're very aware that he may not get the job, and that's okay-we know we will be where the Lord want us to be. He is also looking at a job in Waitsburg, WA-which is another rural town 20 minutes south of Walla Walla (about 2 hours from Sunnyside). The superindendant invited him to take a tour of the school and community, so he is doing that on Monday, then they'll be doing interviews shortly after that, so we'll let you know what's going on!
Update-this morning (Fri) I got a call from Big Valley School District-they want to interview Troy! So I guess we're headed to CA on May 5th.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
wow, that's exciting! that'd be so cool if you guys lived in california!
keep us posted!
wait, i just noticed that comment about the interview in CA! how exciting!
OK, we won't get our hopes up, but I agree you will end up where you are supposed to be, Closer to us would be Wonderful!
Brooke I hope it happens!! It'd be so cool for you guys to be in CA!
Post a Comment