Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Latest Stuffs

So, let's see. On Sunday Caitlin gave the prayer during Primary at church. She did a great job. She sort of looked at me to see if I would help her (I was conducting) but I sat down and she just turned around and prayed into the microphone perfectly! I was so proud of her! She even included a "thank you for mommy, daddy, Caitlin, Lizzie, thank you for church." Very few Sunbeams will actually talk into the microphone and not freak out, and of course, you can all imagine how proud I am that Caitlin is so confident doing that. Anyway, we took a picture of her after church to comemorate the occasion. And of course, we can't just take a picture of Caitlin, so here's one of Lizzie, too, wearing her "senorita" dress.



Here's some pictures of the cats napping. I love their brother/sister love they obviously share:




Caitlin threw up in the middle of the night Monday night, but it seems to be just a 24-hour thing. I was helping her get back to bed (it was the sound of her barfing that woke us- thank goodness it was in the toilet) and she says, "Maybe Daddy can give me a blessing." I was surprised she even really knew about that, and then remembered that I did sharing time Sunday and it was about the Priesthood and we talked a little bit about getting blessings when we're sick. She had been listening!! That made me pretty happy, and proud of her, too. I explained that we didn't want to wake daddy, since he had to go to work early, but Caitlin happened to wake up again just as Rod was leaving, so she got a blessing before he left for work. It was exciting to see my little 4-year old learn about the priesthood! Now she knows about blessings, and also that she felt better afterwards.

Other than that, I'm gearing up to double our child load over the weekend: our friends are going on a trip and we're watching their 2 girls Thursday night through Sunday evening. They're the same age as our girls. Sacrament meeting with 4 kids! Brooke, you're going to have to give me some tips. Do you use velcro, duct tape, or what? I'm going to have to be super prepared to make it through I think!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Definently bring heavy sedatives for sacrament. Feel free to medicate yourself or a child....
My good friend Danae has 2 girls and recently found out she's expecting TWINS!! Her husband was recently called to the Bishopric, I can't imagine how sacrament will work for her!!
That is so cute about Caitlin. Audrey is mad at me every week because she didn't get to talk in the microphone. That girl is driving me INSANE!! Speaking of girls, Jenny is having one! I'm excited (scared) for her :)

Emily said...

The girls are so cute! and your kittys are adorable!