That title sounds like a great book doesn't it??
Anyway, this week we got 2 visits from Aunt Kate!! The girls were all hyped about it and LOVED it! Lizzie's little attitude melts away and she, especially, loves the extra attention from Aunt Kate. Here's also a few recent pictures, including today's Mother's Day meal!!
(what is it about our family and taking pictures of food??)
A yummy dinner of ribs, scalloped potatoes, green beans, and marinated mushrooms all made by my loving husband!!

Playing in the laundry hamper. This made the girls sooo happy!
Showing off their "potty" charts. This has really helped Caitlin not have very many accidents anymore. And Lizzie has really caught on- she has been out of diapers for a week! She even wore underwear to church today!! Yes, there was an accident, but Rod was subbing in nursery so that worked out okay.
From my garden!! This is actually my second big squash from my garden, it is so satisfying to enjoy the fruits of my labor. The smaller squash is ripe and ready to eat too, but it didn't grow as big. I think some grow bigger than others depending on how well they were pollinated. But that's just my theory.

Me and Kate!! We went to this great Spanish tapas restaurant. Rod and I really like it, so we took Master Kate and her roomie there. It was a lot of fun.
Sunning in the back- notice Lizzie's painful smile. That kid has Travis smiles. I have to catch her off guard to get a cute, genuine smile!
Other news- me and the rest of the Primary Presidency were released today at church. How bittersweet! Although, if I'm being totally honest, I have to say it's more on the sweet side. I do love all the kids, and that they all know me and run up and give me hugs and say hi at ward activities. And my Sunbeam class that I taught before being the presidency is now CTR 7's!! Not being able to keep closer tabs on them will be hard. But the next presidency will be absolutely awesome, so I am looking forward to sitting in Relief Society next week!




3 comments:
cute pictures carrie! The girls in the hamper are really adorable. Isn't Mothers Day great?! I got breakfast in bed, a nap after church, dinner made for me, the sounds of the dishes being done while taking a bubble bath, reading a book and sipping a coke in a goblet...why is this only a once a year thing?
Lizzy looks so happy on her bike! Just like her dad. Looks like a great dinner. yum. I love the potty charts- what a great idea. It's amazing how motivating stickers can be.
I wonder what they will have you doing next? Maybe you'll get a little break.
hey I can't belive you are getting food already good job!
Post a Comment