On Tuesday Stephenie Meyers new book, "The Host" comes out! This one is not part of the Twilight Series (the next one comes out in August) but it sounds really good. I know Emily has read the Twilight ones-so Carrie and Kate AND you too Mom, need to jump on the bandwagon and get reading! I promise you won't be disappointed :)Carrie, I'm glad you like Secret Life of Bees. Troy's mom recommended it to me. I put our book clubs most recent book, La Linea on the list; it's about a 15 yr old boy and his sister trying to cross the border into the U.S. to get to their dad. It's a very quick read, but it was interesting, especially where I live since a lot of people here have gone through similar experiences. My friends husband went through some horrific things to cross the border, so it was amazing to hear what she had to say. It created a lot of great discussion and opinions for our book club.
So, I am bummed I'm missing out on Kates graduation! I can't believe you have your Masters Kate! Is it this week? Carrie, are you going to Utah this week?
If anyone has any good books please tell me so I can post them on our book list!



4 comments:
Yes I did see that Troy has an interview in CA! That's so exciting. So is it in Bieber? Wow, it may be remote but it doesn't have to be forever! Plus you would be closer. Yes, I'm counting the days until The Host too! I have a coupon link for 40% off of the book at Borders if you have a Borders around you. Let me know and I will email it to you. Keep us posted about Monday!!!
I did read Twilight, and I liked it. Something quite different from the usual read. I've been backed up with my two book groups, trying to finish books. I'm slow! But hopefully I can get to the other two in the series this summer. Did someone say they were doing a movie of Twilight?
Brooke, no I wasn't able to go see Kate become "Master Kate", but I hear bascially she kills off the last social worker apprentice and the Emperor dubs her the new Master. Isn't that how it works, Kate??
They ARE doing a movie of Twilight! Actually some of you Crowley's might remember Christine Staley- she got a part as an extra in it! I guess they're filming in Portland area. Mindi Barlow told me. I guess I should start the books... :)
Post a Comment